What is Cultural Literacy in Europe [CLE]?
The CLE [Cultural Literacy in Europe] forum was established to unite researchers, academics, educators, artists, policy-makers and members of the cultural industries aiming to promote the interdisciplinary field of ‘literary and cultural studies’ [LCS] and its relationship to other research fields and cultural sectors, to develop and extend the contribution of LCS to Europe and its challenges.
Who can be a member?
Anyone with an interest in Cultural Literacy can become a member of CLE. Membership runs for a year following the date of joining.
What are the benefits of membership?
Members of CLE join and support a vibrant international community dedicated to common goals and networking through the website and other channels. They are entitled to
- be entered on the CLE mailing-list and searchable Members’ Research Interests list;
- attend Biennial Conferences, interim workshops and other CLE activities;
- apply for bursaries at Biennial Conferences and other events;
- become involved with SIG [Special Interest Groups] groups;
- apply for annual competitions for research support;
- participate in earmarked Early-career events, if eligible;
- attend Annual General Meetings, with voting rights;
- elect and/or stand for election to the CLE Core Group.
Membership will last for 12 or 24 months from receipt of your fee, ie until the same date in 2019/2020, when your membership will need renewing’.
There are three types of CLE membership. Membership rates are decided from time to time by the Core Group. In 2018/19 they are:
Sign up for membership
Please choose the type of membership in the dropdown menu below and click the ‘Pay Now’ button. A window will open which will allow you to sign into your PayPal account or, if you don’t have a PayPal account, to check out as a guest and use the secure server to pay by debit or credit card.
Once you have paid, click “Back to merchant”. This will allow you to fill in and submit the membership form.
Should you experience any problems with payment please email us.