What is Cultural Literacy in Europe [CLE]?
The CLE [Cultural Literacy in Europe] forum was established to unite researchers, academics, educators, artists, policy-makers and members of the cultural industries aiming to promote the interdisciplinary field of ‘literary and cultural studies’ [LCS] and its relationship to other research fields and cultural sectors, to develop and extend the contribution of LCS to Europe and its challenges.
Who can be a member?
Anyone with an interest in Cultural Literacy can become a member of CLE. Membership runs for a year following the date of joining.
What are the benefits of membership?
Members of CLE join and support a vibrant international community dedicated to common goals and networking through the website and other channels. They are entitled to
- be entered on the CLE mailing-list and searchable Members’ Research Interests list;
- attend Biennial Conferences, interim workshops and other CLE activities;
- apply for bursaries at Biennial Conferences and other events;
- become involved with SIG [Special Interest Groups] groups;
- apply for annual competitions for research support;
- participate in earmarked Early-career events, if eligible;
- attend Annual General Meetings, with voting rights;
- elect and/or stand for election to the CLE Core Group.
Membership will last for 12 or 24 months from receipt of your fee, ie until the same date in 2019/2020, when your membership will need renewing’.
There are three types of CLE membership. Membership rates are decided from time to time by the Core Group. In 2018/19 they are:
Sign up for membership
In order to become a CLE member (and obtain your membership number) you must pay the fee & also complete a Membership Form. Please choose the type of membership in the dropdown menu below and click the ‘Pay Now’ button. A window will open which will allow you to sign into your PayPal account or, if you don’t have a PayPal account, to check out as a guest and use the secure server to pay by debit or credit card. After this you must click “Back to Merchant” complete the form.