This international gathering brought together academics interested in the development of literary and cultural studies in Europe and beyond, as well as policymakers at European and national level.
The conference was the first step in implementing the recommendations of the European-wide project Cultural Literacy in Europe and inaugurated a European Forum on Cultural Literacy in Europe.
The 2015 Conference had two aspects:
- Academic debate on four Literary and Cultural Studies fields
- Strategic discussion involving academics together with invited policymakers and funders at European and national level.
|Four themes of the conference:|
| ELECTRONIC TEXTUALITY
(photo: Naomi Segal)
| MIGRATION AND TRANSLATION
Project Image Gallery
|BIOPOLITICS, BIOSOCIALITY AND THE BODY
A Clinical Examination, 2001
(stills from the video Clinical Examination).
Courtesy of Vanda Playford
Memorial in the Ashnak village
dedicated to the victims of Genocide,
courtesy of NGO “Hazarashen”,
Armenian Centre for Ethnological Studies
For more information, see:
- Call for Papers (now closed)
- Art installation
- London Statement
- Conference flyers and posters in PDF
(A3 poster; A4 poster; A5 flyer)
- Bursaries (application period now closed)
- Registration (closed)
- Guidelines for poster presenters
- Eateries (PDF)
- Maps of the The Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities (the conference takes place in building 13 and 1 in the map; see programme for details)